Pritpal Singh Pannu
A self-made man and a true visionary, Pritpal Singh Pannu is a multifaceted personality playing many roles with panache. Reputed youth leader, philanthropist, trainer and social activist - he is a force to reckon with not just because of the success he has achieved but also because of his charismatic personality that is a motivation for many. He is deeply committed to improve the quality of living for people all around the world. He earned a very good reputation Internationally among Government, Political, Business, Social and Cultural Arenas.
TRAININGS AND CONFERENCES:
- Community Development program of Japan International Cooperation Agency in Japan
- International Conferences on AIDS held in 2010 at Austria in 2012 at Washington C. in USA and at Melbourne (Australia) in the year 2014
- International conference on role of Diaspora in India’s Development held at New York In USA
- International conference on interfaith harmony held in Thailand
- Various social and cultural exchange programs with Japan, Mauritius, UAE, Europe, Canada, USA etc.
- Attended many National conferences and seminars as key note speaker including at Head Quarter of Prajapita Brahmakumari Ishveriya Vishvidyalya in Mount Abu, Rajsthan, Gujrat, Assam, Tamilnadu, Punjab, Uttrakhand, Uttar Pardesh etc.
PROFESSIONAL & SPIRITUAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangthan
- Global Organization of people of Indian origin
- Prajapita Brahmakumari Ishveriya Vishvidyalya in Mount Abu, Rajsthan.
Service-focused social worker and program coordinator with a strong commitment to serving the needs of disadvantaged people, youth, adults and special-needs populations. He started in his very young age to make palpable differences in the society and guided thousands of youth for a better career and life.
His Qualification gives him uncanny ability to relate to people. A mammoth step in his quest for helping underprivileged youth was taken when he became instrumental in forming National Integrated Forum of Artists and Activists, formerly known as National Institute of Fine Arts Samiti. NIFAA, NGO for change, founded in year 2000 and under his able guidance and leadership. Now this organization is running its social activities in 14 states of India and more than 3500 active social workers & budding artists are associated with NIFAA as members. He traveled widely (more than 20 countries) to spread his message of social reformation and universal brotherhood. H.E. the President of Mauritius appointed Sh. Pannu to coordinate his two visits to India. Many Global and National level organizations invited Mr. Pannu as Key Note Speaker to make his lecture on various issues of social importance.
He shared dais with Dr. Basdev Pandey Ex Prime Minister to Trinidad and Tobago, Mr. Frank Visinor, Former US Ambassador to India, Lord Daljit Rana member house of lords of UK and many other prominent personalities of world when he was invited by Global Organization of People of Indian Origin to speak on the topic “Social Development in India-What Indian Diaspora can do?” during three days world conference held at New York (USA). He represented India thrice in International conferences on AIDS Awareness held at Austria, United States of America & Australia. Since 2007, every year he is leading youth delegations of NIFAA to participate in Hiroshima Peace Prayer at Hiroshima, Japan.
Mr. Pritpal Singh has organized thousands of camps, meets, seminars, youth rallies and other social activities. Some selected current events are mentioned below:
- Organized various cultural programmes in collaboration with Japan Information Center (Embassy of Japan in India), Japan Foundation, Japan International Cooperation Agency to promote people to people relations between both the countries
- Since 2005, when he visited 1st time to the Mauritius island, Pritpal Singh Pannu working consistently to promote people to people relations between India and Mauritius. He organized number of cultural exchange programmes to Mauritius and also hosted many social and cultural delegations from Mauritius. He also guided and motivated business persons from India to invest in Mauritius. Recently with the help of his Mauritian friends, he founded India Mauritius Trade and Cultural Friendship Forum with an aim to further strengthen business and cultural relations between both the countries. He also coordinated visit of Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, then chief minister of Uttrakhand to Mauritius, which resulted in better social, tourist and business ties between the holly state of River Ganga and Mauritius Island. Pritpal Singh Pannu coordinated three visits of H.E. Sir Anerood Jugnauth to India as president of the Republic of Mauritius & organized "Ek Sham Bharat Mauritius Dosti Ke Naam" & International Peace Conference in his honour. Pannu also organized a civic honour at hotel westin Gurgaon to welcome H.E. Sir Anerood Jugnauth as Prime Minister of the Republic during to his visit to India in October, 2016.
- Led peace march from Diwana in India to Attari border to spread message of peace and harmony between India and Pakistan.
- Organized three “National Integration Camps” in which about 500 youth participated from different States and presented cultural heritage of their respective States and also participated in debates on various social issues of National and International importance.
- Organized multiple activities to promote gender equality in state of Haryana, Delhi and Punjab. One of his initiatives, “Most people pram walk for promotion of gender equality” was recorded as a new world record by Guinness Book of World Record.
- Many activities against International and cross border terrorism.
- Various literacy camps to make Karnal 100 percent literate district. Adopted five villages of Karnal for literacy campaign
- Camps to promote better health in society through Yoga and Meditation.
- Organized 25 Blood Donation Camp in which about 5000 persons donated blood for the thalessemic patients.
- Organised various activities and events alongwith Police Department at Distt and State level with an aim to bring Police and Public under one umbrella for a crime free society. Baisakhi Mela, Basant Utsav, Holi Milan Utsav and seminar on role of police public and press in human rights are some of important events..
- Organized programmes for Environment protection i.e. Street Play, Environment Rally, and Seminar on various environmental issues, Painting competition on environment protection and celebration of world environment day. During National Integration Camp and Adventure Camp message of environment protection was given to youth of different states.
- Organized Visa Free and Peaceful South Asia convention held at Constantia Hall YWCA New Delhi between 7th to 8th August 2005 which was inaugurated by famous social activist Mrs. Nirmla Deshpandey and her counterpart from Pakistan Mr. Karamat Ali. At the conclusion session Mr. Mani Shanker Aiyer Hon’ble Minister for Patrolium, Natural Gas and Panchayti Raj, Mr. Sri Parkash Jaiswal, Hon’ble Minister of State for Home and Noted writer Kuldeep Naiyer were present. Topics discussed during this convention were :. Easing of Travel between India and Pakistan Globalization and South Asia Future of Democracy in Nepal Nuclear Disarmament in South Asia Visa Free South Asia.
- More than 3500 budding artists of various art forms of India and young social activists are associated with his organization NIFAA. Mr. Pritpal Singh started using art for social activism. He produced and directed many light and sound dramas, street plays, dance dramas and other cultural activities to spread social awareness.
- He organized National Level painting competition to promote world peace and nuclear weapons free world. About 7000 artists from all over the region assembled at Karnal to draw their imagination about peace on canvas. Event was recognized as a new Guinness World Record under the title, “Most People Painting Simultaneously at single venue”
- On the call of Mr. Pritpal Singh 6847 young social volunteers participated in a state level campaign for HIV AIDS Awareness. All participants were in red t-shirts and red caps and jointly they formed “World’s Largest Human Awareness Red Ribbon”, which was also included in the world rostrum of Guinness Book of World Records a new world record.
- “World’s largest human torch” an activity against social menace of corruption was also included in Guinness Book as a new world record. Event was coordinated by Mr. Pannu
- Pritpal Singh has established a core group of people of India, Pakistan, China, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Burma to work jointly for development and peace related issues of this Asian region.
- Pritpal Singh Pannu has started “CARE” an ambitious project to educate and rehabilitate slum children. He is running five classes where more than 350 slum children are getting regular education and taking part in sports & cultural activities.
- He started “Harmony” an International cultural festival in the year 2007, in which thousands of artists from different countries and all over India assembled in the city of Karnal to perform and spread message of universal brotherhood and harmony. During last three years more than 2500 artists out of 25 states and abroad participated in this prestigious International Cultural Festival.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Mr. Pritpal Singh Pannu became instrumental in creation of four Guinness World Records by his organization NIFAA. All four Guinness World Records were achieved to spread social awareness on various issues.
- NIFAA under the command of Pritpal Singh Pannu was adjudged as best youth organisation of the country by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India. Mr. Pannu was felicitated with National Youth Award (organisation category)
- His Excellency Governor of Haryana Dr. A. R. Kidwai, Honoured Mr. Pritpal Singh Pannu with Award of Honour on State level Republic Day function held at Mewat (Haryana) on 26th January, 2007 for his unfathomed efforts for eradication of social evils, and also for representing Haryana in Youth development prog. held at Japan.
- Honoured by Sh. Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana for his social and cultural activities during a state level function organised by Haryana Union of Journalists at Bhiwani.
- Appreciated by H.E. President of Mauritius for his committed work of Indo-Mauritian friendship.
- Pritpal Singh Pannu was honoured with prestigious Balraj Sahni National Award, by noted film personality Prem Chopra at Shimla during the National Dance and Drama Competition organised by All India Artists Association.
- Swami Agnivesh a noted social activist and recipient of prestigious right livelihood award of Sweden parliament honoured Mr. Pritpal Singh Pannu during Yuva Samman Samaroh held at auditorium of N.D.R.I. Karnal for activities of Youth Development.
- For fighting against terrorism Mr. Pritpal Singh honoured by Mr. Maninder Jit Singh Bitta Chairman All India Anti-Terrorist Front with Pride of India Award.
- Management of D.A.V. College Karnal awarded Mr. Pannu for his contribution towards the society and the Nation. Sh. P.L. Ahuja, Distt. and Session Judge Karnal as chief guest of the function felicitated Mr. Pannu with a memento.
- During Glimpses-2005 a programme for cultural exchange between Indian and Japan, Sh. B.S. Sandhu, IPS and I.G. Haryana Police honoured Sh. Pritpal Singh Pannu.
- Pritpal Singh Pannu was awarded with Dr. Ben Weider Award for his excellent contribution in the field of Social Service on behalf of The Young Men’s Association of India. Dr. Ben Weider of USA is considered as father of the body builders of world.
- Nominated as member of Telephone Advisory Committee by Ministry of Communication, Govt. of India on the recommendation of S. Tarlochan Singh Member of Parliament and ex chairman National Commission for Minorities.
- Honoured with Sapat Rang Smaaj Sewa Gaurav Award by Saptrang Sewa Bhawi Sanstha at Nanded Maharashtra.
- He was awarded with Manav Mitra Purskar, highest award given by Manav Mitra Mandal in Geeta Sadan, Kurukshetra.
- Various social and cultural organizations in different states of India, honured Pritpal Singh Pannu for his unfathomed and outstanding contribution in social welfare and cultural activities.